The Patagonia Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department was called out Dec. 23 and 24 after electrical fires broke out at the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center farm on Harshaw Road.
Fire Captain Ike Isakson said the first call came at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Friday after wiring in a trailer that had been recently moved to the farm failed and began to burn.
Isakson said that while the damage was minimal, firefighters had to wait around for workers from Sulphur Springs Valley Electric (SSVEC) to repair the overhead wiring.
However, at around 4 a.m. the following morning firefighters were called back to the farm in order to extinguish yet another fire after the wiring failed a second time.
SSVEC personnel also returned, and upon investigating the matter more closely, discovered the culprit: a 200-amp box that had been installed with inadequate wiring coming out of the box to the trailer.